Monday, August 8, 2016

It's a marathon...

Things are slowing down at Project Kipp house. We have come to the realization that, at this point, we need to be in marathon mode not sprint mode. We sprinted up until this past week. We have moved in almost completely (minus a storage unit or two), but our home is livable. We have the necessities of our bed, most of our clothes, plumbing, the ability to do laundry and a mostly functioning kitchen. 

From here, we start the decisions and how-to's portion of our renovation: how-to redo the floors, how-to set up the floor plan to work best for us right now, how-to set up the kitchen, how-to rework the add-on, and many more decisions just like that. 

Thanks to Habitat for Humanity Restore Lake Highlands we have been able to get almost half the insulation we need for the attic. So that is on the list of things to do this week. Also, a big to do this week is unpacking and getting things for organized and functional. Those things will have to be evening tasks this week because I started back at work today. 

So with that being said...
Today starts a new adventure for me, and I am so excited to see what God has in store for me at Royse City. There is no doubt in my mind that God orchestrated this process and these events that have led up to me standing at a new technology line at a New Teacher Orientation this morning. Today, everything is NEW! New house, new route to work, new district, new school, new job, new grade level.. And I'm excited!! With new things comes feelings of refreshment and I am exciting. 

Last week my mom came with me to help set up the beginnings of my classroom. I have moved from middle school/junior high to an intermediate school of 5th and 6th graders. I'm teaching 5th grade so I've decided that decoration and making my room feel welcoming is more important. So here are some pictures of last week's work and progress. I will post the finished work when we finish. 

 
My new clip on tool belt. It's so cool because it has a magnetic outside part to hold nails and screws.

 

Still a work in progress but this is behind my desk.

 

Our first poof! These are fun to make..

 

Calendar bulletin board

 

School news and such.. 

 

I have a window in my room that requires a cute valence. 

Lots happening today and it's time for change!



No comments:

Post a Comment